Ha Nam is located on south of Red River Delta, southern gateway of Hanoi. It shares border with Hung Yen, Ha Tay provinces on the north, Hoa Binh Province on the west, Nam Dinh and Ninh Binh provinces on the south and south-east.
Ha Nam has a long lasting culture. In the war of resistance against the French and Americans, the town has been flattened three times. Today, Phu Ly town is the center of culture, politics, and economy of the province. Province is small but there are many historic and scenic places such as Truc Temple and Ngu Dong Son (five grottoes), Ba Danh pagoda and Ngoc Mountain, Cam Mountain, Luon Cave, Kha Phong Cavern and so on.
The province is proud of Lieu Doi wrestling festival (5th day of the 1st lunar month), Truc temple festival (6th day of the 2nd lunar month), traditional trade villages such as Doi Tam drum, Nha Xa silk handicraft, Thanh Ha embroidery, Ngoc Dong rattan and bamboo villages.
The tourist sites in Ha Nam are quite far apart, so you should take the initiative in transportation to facilitate transportation. Renting a motorbike in Ha Nam for sightseeing, active shopping during the journey is a great idea to help you save a relatively large cost. Here are the shop for renting motorbikes in Ha Nam with prestige and quality.
How much? Motorbike Rental In Ha Nam
The company will usually charge per 24 hours. When you rent for a day. the price you pay will vary depending on where you are, whether the bike is older or new, and an automatic or a manual one. In some places, you may have a discount for a weekly rental, most will for a monthly hire term.
If you intend to hire this motorbike for a long time (over a week), make sure you have a good deal with the company. (especially in peak seasons insist on a daily rate for how many days you hire).
Budget is about 120.000 to 200.000 VND per day or 800.000 to 1.200.000 VND for monthly rental. It depends on your motorbike preference.
Note that motorbikes rental prices in popular tourist destinations in Ha Nam are higher compared to less touristy areas. If you plan to rent a scooter in Bac Kan. I recommend getting a bigger Motorbikes than 50cc.
I recommend renting a scooter from a scooter rental that looks trustworthy. Renting a scooter from your hotel is a good option although it will cost you more. But as we’re talking about a few dollars difference, it is a less risky option than to rent from a business that looks suspicious.
MotorBike theft Ha Nam
Bikes in Ha Nam steal, but it happens quite rarely. Since almost all rental points are under lash from the local police, of course unofficially. Therefore, thieves try not to get involved in rented vehicles. But this does not mean that you can safely leave your motorbike on a deserted street with ignition keys in the lock and leave and your scooter will not be hijacked.
But in order to avoid theft of your bike, follow a number of rules:
- To avoid unnecessary attention, you should not rent or buy a new motorbike. Choose a simpler model, take a closer look at what most drivers drive, so you will also avoid undue attention of the traffic police, which you will not be interested in.
- Do not leave the bike for the night outside. Drive it into the courtyard of a house or hotel. Most often, such parking is guarded and closed at night. In hotels, if there is no parking, bikes are allowed to drive to the reception at night.
- Pay attention to the parking near attractions and various shopping centers. Such parking can be both free and paid, but the amount there is purely symbolic from 10 to 15 thousand dong a day. But you will be completely sure that your bike is under reliable protection.
Which motorbikes to choose
If you wish, in Ha Nam you can rent any bike. Starting from a simple scooter, to which you do not need the right, ending with a cool racing motorcycle or enduro. But, in truth, such specimens are rare here and it is difficult to get them, as a rule, tourists book them long before coming to rest. Therefore, the most popular here are ordinary scooters, which you will find everywhere. The entire range is not new, but in good condition. Vietnamese are trying to maintain the technical condition of their bikes at the proper level, so the risk that you stand somewhere on the track is not great.
The first thing to consider is your driving skill on a two-wheeled vehicle. If you ever sat behind the wheel of a motorbike, then you know that it is not as easy as it seems at first glance. Therefore, I advise beginners to pay attention to the scooter with an automatic transmission. They will be a little more expensive than the mechanics, but much easier to manage. As for those who have experience, then you yourself can decide which bike will be more comfortable for you, automatic or mechanic.
Also take into account the distance of the planned trips, your dimensions and individual preferences.
Popular models of motorbikes
- Yamaha Nouvo is a very popular model, both Ha Nam and in all of Vietnam. Quite a roomy bike that will suit both men and women. Perfect for trips around the city and for short distances. In addition, this device is quite economical fuel consumption, which is good news. And due to its popularity, you can easily get any spare parts for it.
- SYM Atilla – this model is suitable for the movement of the whole family. It can easily fit two adults and a child. And due to its power, it will be brisk to go even with a large load. But if you are planning a trip, I would not take this bike, because at the expense of small wheels, it is not well adapted to rough roads.
- Honda Airblade is a very comfortable and reliable bike. An engine capacity of 125 cm3 allows you to travel long distances with the wind. The main advantage of this model is its handling. Suitable for those who already have experience driving two-wheeled vehicles.
- SYM Shark is a large and powerful bike with an engine capacity of 125 cm3. Suitable for tall people, or to travel with the whole family. I can safely ride it two adults and two children. You can comfortably move around the city as well as over long distances.
- Honda Wave – this model is suitable mainly for fragile girls or men of short stature. It has a small size and will accommodate no more than two people. The Semi-Automatic is convenient for getting around the city.
Some places Ha Nam Motorbike Rental
It is not difficult to rent a motorbike in Ha Nam or any other Vietnam city. There are several variants:
small hotels and hotels.
You can hardly walk around any (especially central) street without noticing a dozen rental places where you’ll be gladly helped to hire a scooter.
If you are staying at a small hotel you’ll probably be told about such nearest places at the reception. They even can bring you a bike or something to the hotel as hotel owners often have contracts with the owners of motor transport.
One more method of hiring motor transport in Bac Kan is getting in touch with the foreigners living there a long time and running some bike rental business. We’d advise you to turn to our good acquaintances – guys from the Moto Vietnam and they not only will help you to choose a good and suitable bike but will also give you some recommendations and several bike riding lessons.
There are some places motorbike rental in Ha Nam. But I recommend these fews stores as the quality of motorbikes are quite good and easy to find:
Motorbike rental Binh Minh
Address: Tran Phu Street, Phu Ly City, Ha Nam Province.
Motorbike and scooter rental Hai Dang
Address: Le Loi Street, Phu Ly City, Ha Nam, Vietnam
Motorcycle Rental Ha Nam
Address: Le Hoan Street, Phu Ly City, Ha Nam Province.
Phone: 0351385661 – 03513851005.
Read article: Nam Dinh Motorbike Rental.