The best place to rent motorbike My Tho
My Tho, is the capital of Tien Giang Province in southern Vietnam. It is the first city in the Mekong Delta travellers from Ho Chi Minh City arrive at and hence a popular spot for dropping tourists off for one of the many Mekong boat tours. For its proximity to Ho Chi Minh City everything is more expensive here than at towns further inside the delta such as Vinh Long and Can Tho.
Its proximity to Ho Chi Minh City and its position on the northern bank of the Mekong is the key to My Tho’s importance. It should come as no surprise that in the late 19th century, French colonialists, in their quest to exploit and export, built the Saigon-My Tho railway line to connect the then capital to the river highway. It was the first railway line of French Indochina, part of a dream for a network across the Mekong Delta. Though the dream and line faded (stopping altogether in 1958), roads and bridges now move the goods and the city remains an important commercial hub for the region.
The coastal city of My Tho and its surrounding areas are best explored by renting a motorbike. My Tho is one of the number one destinations in Vietnam. When you drive along the coastal city, there are various things you can do when traveling by motorbike such as visit the beaches, drive up to Tien Giang or just enjoy the city attractions. Here are our guidelines for looking to rent a motorbike in My Tho.
Some places for My Tho Motorbike Rental
Depending on the rental business, duration of the rental and the type of bike you plan to rent, the procedures are different. For example, usually, if you are staying in a hotel and want to rent a motorbike from the hotel for under a week, the hotel usually will not need a deposit, instead they will hold your passport.
However, If you rent direct from a motorbike rental business, you will need to give either your ID/Passport or a deposit of money. Many rental shops will accept a valid identification or even a copy of the passport, with a smaller monetary deposit.
You must be careful checking your bike before rental. You should make sure that all the lights, indicators, horn and basic electrical functions are working before you leave. Also, you can even have the bike checked by a local mechanic to ensure that it’s in good condition for just a small fee if you are planning to rent longer term.
Finally, and most important – always wear a helmet when riding a motorbike in My Tho, not only is it the law but it will ensure your safety! Do not rent a bike with a business who provide you with a very low quality helmet, and if you are renting long term, invest in your own!
Below you will find a some of the most popular and recommended motorbike rental business in My Tho:
Motorbike Rental Kingtravel
Address: 26 Luong The Vinh Str. Rach Gia, Kien Giang.
Tel: 0986 35 2345 – 0918 79 26 26.
Motorbike Rental Rach Gia
Address: 55 Dong Ho, Ha Tien, Kien Giang.
Tel: 0772630000 – 0944440235
Duy motorbike rental
ADD: No 1 Kim Du, Ha Tien, Kien Giang.
My Tho motorbike rental cost
According to the experience of people who have rented motorbikes in My Tho, the cost will be reduced when you select this type of vehicle.
When starting to rent a automatic scooter, you must ask the lessor to give you a free map. Rach Gia travel is very convenient. Riding a motorbike go to eat is never afraid of expensive, a lot of food you can choice. If street food expensive you can go to other places, not like taxi they carry you to the restaurant to get the commission so the price will be higher.
- Motorbike Not automatic: Honda RS, RSX, Yamaha, Jupiter, Sirious, Future ….
- VND 90,000 ≅ 4USD / day (24 hours)
- Automatic Motorbike: Nouvo, Atila,
- VND 100,000 ≅ 5USD/ day (24 hours)
- VND 120.000 Airblade Motorbike/day (24 hours)
- Duration: 1 day is 24 hours
- – Example: 7:00 today to 7:00 the next day is counted as 1 day.
- 15:00 today to 15:00 tomorrow is counted as 1 day,
Don’t get too worried about the motorbike rent since it is quite cheap in My Tho. For each rental bike, you just pay around $5-$9 per day, but the rental scooter may cost you $10 or more.
If you intend to hire this motorbike for a long time (over a week), make sure you have a good deal with the company. (especially in peak seasons insist on a daily rate for how many days you hire).
Tips for backpacker when rent motorbike in My Tho
- Wearing a helmet, driving on the right side and limited speed of 60 km/h
- Do not cross the red traffic light, using horns anytime you need, drive with two hands,
- Do not take photos when driving
- Turn the lights on when getting inside tunnels.
- Do not drink alcohol before and during the drive.
- Be confident with traffic. Try to guess other’s turning direction by their body language.
- Drive slowly in order to look out for animals, children, old people, alcoholics, drugs, off-size vehicles.
- Keep a safe distance of big trucks when getting uphills or climbing mountain passes.
- When police stop you, the easiest way to escape is “TIP” them 10 – 20 USD and then go.
- Do not repair the bike without permission of a rental company. You need to contact them then be instructed.
- Before and after the journey, you have to ensure that all parts of your motorbike are in normal operating conditions such as brakes, tires, chainsaws, lights, horns, turn signal and speedometer.
- Remember to fill up the petrol for the motorbike. You don’t need to worry about the type of gasoline to use because the petrol station staff will automatically fill the suitable one for the motorbike.
- Bring sunglasses, sunscreen, waterproof backpacks, coats, raincoats, locks, rubber bands, full battery, smartphone connect 3G, some motorbike repairing tools and most importantly is money.
- Obey the Vietnam traffic rules:
See more: Motorbike rental Tien Giang.
That’s all. Thanks for your read my article about motorbike rental in My Tho. Now you have some address in order to rent a “iron howrse” to experinces in My Tho. Have a good trip to you.
Tags: Motorbike rental my tho
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.