The best motorbike rental company in Dong Thap
Dong Thap is 165 km away from Ho Chi Minh City, sharing a 52-km long border with Cambodia. There are 2 provincial cities: Sa Dec and Cao Lanh. If you visit Dong Thap province, you can book hotel for your staying in these 2 cities.
Dong Thap is a newly-cultivated area in about 17th and 18th century, under Nguyen lords. Foundation of this area adhered to powerful struggling history against nature, dangerous animals and aggressors. The South of Dong Thap province whose centre is Sa Dec plays a very significant role. Many researches have shown that overseas Vietnamese got to come to Sa Dec area for reclaiming and setting up hamlets at least at the end of 17th century or at the beginning of 18th century. Sa Dec is a Khmer word meaning “iron market”.
Dong Thap has quite developed system of canals for watery transportation and irrigation. The province has about 10,000 hectares of forestland. Cajuput is specific tree of Dong Thap Muoi region. There, the system of fauna and flora are multiform with many valuable kinds: tortoise, turtle, snakes, fishes, shrimps, pythons, storks, birds, rice, lotus, water lily, grass, alga and especially red-headed cranes.
When traveling to Vietnam, especially in Dong Thap, tourists can easily see a large number of people driving registered motorbikes. To those who love adventurous feelings, renting a motorbike is a wonderful opportunity to explore Dong Thap on their own. You can get a fascinating experience when setting yourself free and getting into action on the streets of the city. Depending on your desires, you can rent motorcycles with various makes, colors, engine sizes… Below The best motorbike rental company in Dong Thap.
Dong Thap motorbike rental cost
According to the experience of people who have rented motorbikes in Dong Thap, the cost will be reduced when you select this type of vehicle.
When starting to rent a automatic scooter, you must ask the lessor to give you a free map. Dong Thap travel is very convenient. Riding a motorbike go to eat is never afraid of expensive, a lot of food you can choice. If street food expensive you can go to other places, not like taxi they carry you to the restaurant to get the commission so the price will be higher.
- Motorbike Not automatic: Honda RS, RSX, Yamaha, Jupiter, Sirious, Future ….
- VND 90,000 ≅ 4USD / day (24 hours)
- Automatic Motorbike: Nouvo, Atila,
- VND 100,000 ≅ 5USD/ day (24 hours)
- VND 120.000 Airblade Motorbike/day (24 hours)
- Duration: 1 day is 24 hours
- – Example: 7:00 today to 7:00 the next day is counted as 1 day
- 15:00 today to 15:00 tomorrow is counted as 1 day
Don’t get too worried about the motorbike rent since it is quite cheap in Dong Thap. For each rental bike, you just pay around $3-$9 per day, but the rental scooter may cost you $10 or more.
If you intend to hire this motorbike for a long time (over a week), make sure you have a good deal with the company. (especially in peak seasons insist on a daily rate for how many days you hire).
Some places for Dong Thap Motorbike Rental
Depending on the rental business, duration of the rental and the type of bike you plan to rent, the procedures are different. For example, usually, if you are staying in a hotel and want to rent a motorbike from the hotel for under a week, the hotel usually will not need a deposit, instead they will hold your passport.
However, If you rent direct from a motorbike rental business, you will need to give either your ID/Passport or a deposit of money. Many rental shops will accept a valid identification or even a copy of the passport, with a smaller monetary deposit.
You must be careful checking your bike before rental. You should make sure that all the lights, indicators, horn and basic electrical functions are working before you leave. Also, you can even have the bike checked by a local mechanic to ensure that it’s in good condition for just a small fee if you are planning to rent longer term.
Finally, and most important – always wear a helmet when riding a motorbike in Dong Thap, not only is it the law but it will ensure your safety! Do not rent a bike with a business who provide you with a very low quality helmet, and if you are renting long term, invest in your own!
Below you will find a some of the most popular and recommended motorbike rental business in Dong Thap:
Motorbike Rental Dong Thap
Address: 209 Mai Van Khai, Cao Lanh, Dong Thap.
Tel: 0902.202.202 ( Ms Tram )
Motorbike rental Cao Lanh
ADD: No 1 Ngo Thi Nham, Cao Lanh, Dong Thap.
Hotline: 0918 750 016
Mr Duy Motorbike
Address: Cao Lanh City, Dong Thap.
Tel: 0944 355 582 or 0977 952 224.
Tips for backpacker when rent motorbike in Dong Thap
- Before and after the journey, you have to ensure that all parts of your motorbike are in normal operating conditions such as brakes, tires, chainsaws, lights, horns, turn signal and speedometer.
- Remember to fill up the petrol for the motorbike. You don’t need to worry about the type of gasoline to use because the petrol station staff will automatically fill the suitable one for the motorbike.
- Bring sunglasses, sunscreen, waterproof backpacks, coats, raincoats, locks, rubber bands, full battery, smartphone connect 3G, some motorbike repairing tools and most importantly is money.
- Obey the Vietnam traffic rules:
- Wearing a helmet, driving on the right side and limited speed of 60 km/h
- Do not cross the red traffic light, using horns anytime you need, drive with two hands,
- Do not take photos when driving
- Turn the lights on when getting inside tunnels.
- Do not drink alcohol before and during the drive.
Read more: Motorbike rental Hau Giang.
- Be confident with traffic. Try to guess other’s turning direction by their body language.
- Drive slowly in order to look out for animals, children, old people, alcoholics, drugs, off-size vehicles.
- Keep a safe distance of big trucks when getting uphills or climbing mountain passes.
- When police stop you, the easiest way to escape is “TIP” them 10 – 20 USD and then go.
- Do not repair the bike without permission of a rental company. You need to contact them then be instructed.
That’s all. Thanks for your read my article about motorbike rental in Dong Thap. Now you have some address in order to rent a “iron howrse” to experinces in Dong Thap. Have a good trip to you.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.