Nghe An is located to the north of the Central Region of Vietnam. While Vietnam is a skinny country running from north to south, Nghe An is right at the north of the slim area in the Central Region. The province is bordered to the north and west and south-west by Laos, to the north and north-east by Thanh Hoa, to the east by the East Vietnam Sea, to the south by Ha Tinh. Nghe An is the biggest province in Vietnam in area. The provincial capital is Vinh City.
The terrain of Nghe An is complicated with mountainous topography accounting for 83% of the provincial area. The terrain is higher to the north-west and lower to the south-east of the province. The highest peak in Nghe An is Pulaileng (2,711m above sea level) located to the north-west of the province (Ky Son District), and the lowest point 0.2m above sea level is located in the east (Quynh Luu, Yen Thanh, Dien Chau Districts). Given the short distance from west to east of Nghe An, it is easy to understand the steep terrain the province has.
Motorcycle rental service in Nghe An is becoming more and more popular and used. Only quick and simple procedures will help people have a personal transportation. Therefore, motorbikes have become the first vehicle of choice for visitors to Nghe An.
Some places for Nghe An Motorbike Rental
It is not difficult to rent a motorbike in Nghe An or any other Vietnam city. There are several variants:
small hotels and hotels.
You can hardly walk around any (especially central) street without noticing a dozen rental places where you’ll be gladly helped to hire a motorbike.
If you are staying at a small hotel you’ll probably be told about such nearest places at the reception. They even can bring you a bike or something to the hotel as hotel owners often have contracts with the owners of motor transport.
If they don’t provide such a service, it’s enough to walk along the second and the third lines of Nghe An.
One more method of hiring motor transport in Nghe An is getting in touch with the foreigners living there a long time and running some bike rental business. We’d advise you to turn to our good acquaintances – guys from the Moto Vietnam and they not only will help you to choose a good and suitable bike but will also give you some recommendations and several bike riding lessons.
There are some places For Motorbike Rental in Nghe An. But I recommend these fews stores as the quality of motorbikes are quite good and easy to find: More information >> Motorbike rental in Thanh Hoa.
Motorbike Rental Mr Nguyen Phi
Add: 28 Pham Kinh Vi,Vinh City, Nghe An
Tel: 0947 943 333
Dinh Nghia Motorbike Rental
Add: 4 Cu Chinh Lan, Trung Do, Vinh City, Nghe An.
Hotline: 0972 781 943 – 0982 917 678.
Dinh Nghia Motorbike Rental
Add: 5 Nguyen Kiem, Vinh Ciy, Nghe An.
Hotline: 0975 271 293
How much? – Motorbike Rental Nghe An price
The company will usually charge per 24 hours. When you rent for a day. the price you pay will vary depending on where you are, whether the bike is older or new, and an automatic or a manual one. In some places, you may have a discount for a weekly rental, most will for a monthly hire term.
If you intend to hire this motorbike for a long time (over a week), make sure you have a good deal with the company. (especially in peak seasons insist on a daily rate for how many days you hire)
Budget is about 120.000 to 200.000 VND per day or 800.000 to 1.200.000 VND for monthly rental. It depends on your motorbike preference.
Note that motorbikes rental prices in popular tourist destinations in Nghe An are higher compared to less touristy areas. If you plan to rent a scooter in Nghe An, I recommend getting a bigger Motorbikes than 50cc.
I recommend renting a scooter from a scooter rental that looks trustworthy. Renting a scooter from your hotel is a good option although it will cost you more. But as we’re talking about a few dollars difference, it is a less risky option than to rent from a business that looks suspicious.
Tips for backpacker when rent motorbike in Nghe An
- Before and after the journey, you have to ensure that all parts of your motorbike are in normal operating conditions such as brakes, tires, chainsaws, lights, horns, turn signal and speedometer.
- Remember to fill up the petrol for the motorbike. You don’t need to worry about the type of gasoline to use because the petrol station staff will automatically fill the suitable one for the motorbike.
- Bring sunglasses, sunscreen, waterproof backpacks, coats, raincoats, locks, rubber bands, full battery, smartphone connect 3G, some motorbike repairing tools and most importantly is money.
- Obey the Vietnam traffic rules:
See this article: Motorbike rental in Ha Tinh.
- Wearing a helmet, driving on the right side and limited speed of 60 km/h
- Do not cross the red traffic light, using horns anytime you need, drive with two hands,
- Do not take photos when driving
- Turn the lights on when getting inside tunnels.
- Do not drink alcohol before and during the drive.
- Be confident with traffic. Try to guess other’s turning direction by their body language.
- Drive slowly in order to look out for animals, children, old people, alcoholics, drugs, off-size vehicles.
- Keep a safe distance of big trucks when getting uphills or climbing mountain passes.
- When police stop you, the easiest way to escape is “TIP” them 10 – 20 USD and then go.
- Do not repair the bike without permission of a rental company. You need to contact them then be instructed.
That’s all. Thanks for your read my article about motorbike rental in Nghe An. Now you have some address in order to rent a “iron howrse” to experinces in Nghe An. Have a good trip to you.