Travelers looking to hire or lease a motorbike in Vung Tau will find an abundance of places to choose from. Most of the resorts, backpackers hostels and monthly accommodation places either have their own bikes or with a quick phone call can have one delivered. While Vung Tau, Vietnam is regarded as one of the most dangerous places to ride a motorbike in the world, hiring a motorcycle or scooter is without doubt one of the best ways to get out and have the adventures worthy of telling to your kids and grandchildren.
Some tips to rent a motorbike Vung Tau
Not all foreigners can take it easy in renting a motorbike , even though they are in front of a genuine rental motorbike shop In Vung Tau That’s the reason why they need some advice on this matter of concern. Let’s see below:
- The most crucial thing which should come to your mind before you decide whether a motorbike is rented or not is to check it totally. If necessary, double check turn signals, lock, horn, brakes, wing mirrors, lights, and even take a short test drive around the allowed area of the shop. Especially, be careful about the bike’s front brakes since traffic in large cities is heavy, or roads are slopping.
- Once you must stop at the parking lot, please keep your parking ticket careful as losing it is a big problem in completing procedures to get the bike out. For instance, you must dial the renter’s phone number and ask about the vehicle registration certificate, which annoys you so much.
- Check the helmet you get from the rental agency. Keep in mind that it must work well, or you should require a new one. If the renter doesn’t accept, just walk away.
- Obviously, the newer the rental bike is, the safer it is. Also, its price will be depending on the state and brand of each vehicle. Hence, a new scooter with the good engine may cost you over $10 per day.
- Don’t forget to save the rental agency where you use the service in case the bike breaks down en route.
- Before commencing your handlebar trip, ask some detailed information about the nearby gas stations and also the ones along your way.
Vung Tau motorbike rental price
According to the experience of people who have rented motorbikes in Vung Tau, the cost will be reduced when you select this type of vehicle.
When starting to rent a motorcycle, you must ask the lessor to give you a free map. Vung Tau travel is very convenient. Riding a motorbike go to eat is never afraid of expensive, a lot of food you can choice. If street food expensive you can go to other places, not like taxi they carry you to the restaurant to get the commission so the price will be higher.
- Motorbike Not automatic: Honda RS, RSX, Yamaha, Jupiter, Sirious, Future ….
- VND 90,000 ≅ 4USD / day (24 hours)
- Automatic Motorbike: Nouvo, Atila,
- VND 100,000 ≅ 5USD/ day (24 hours)
- VND 120.000 Airblade Motorbike/day (24 hours)
- Duration: 1 day is 24 hours
- – Example: 7:00 today to 7:00 the next day is counted as 1 day
- 15:00 today to 15:00 tomorrow is counted as 1 day
Don’t get too worried about the motorbike rent since it is quite cheap in Vung Tau, Vietnam. For each rental bike, you just pay around $3-$9 per day, but the rental scooter may cost you $10 or more.
If you intend to hire this motorbike for a long time (over a week), make sure you have a good deal with the company. (especially in peak seasons insist on a daily rate for how many days you hire)
Some places for Vung Tau Motorbike Rental
It is not difficult to rent a motorbike in Vung Tau There are several variants:
small hotels and hotels.
You can hardly walk around any (especially central) street without noticing a dozen rental places where you’ll be gladly helped to hire a scooter.
If you are staying at a small hotel you’ll probably be told about such nearest places at the reception. They even can bring you a bike or something to the hotel as hotel owners often have contracts with the owners of motor transport.
If they don’t provide such a service, it’s enough to walk along the second and the third lines of Nha Trang.
There are some places motorbike rental in Vung Tau. But I recommend these fews stores as the quality of motorbikes are quite good and easy to find:
Motorbike rental Anh Hai
- Add: 18A Chau Van Biec str, Thang Tam Ward, Vung Tau city
- Cellphone: +84 918. 308. 772 or +84 919.394.866
Adam Troy’s Scooter Rental
ADD: 134 Phan Chu Trinh Street, Ward 2, Vung Tau City, Vietnam
Mobile Phone: 0128 400 4349
Read more article : Guide to Renting a Motorbike Con Dao Island.
How to get to Vung Tau City?
Tan Son Nhat International Airport located in Ho Chi Minh City, provides the closest air link to Vũng Tàu. To get to the City centre, passengers can take either a bus or a taxi.
Direct transfer to Vung Tau
A number of chartered bus companies offer direct transfer from Tan Son Nhat Airport to Vũng Tàu. This is very useful for Vũng Tàu locals. However, tickets must be booked in advance.
There are several bus stations and companies which handle short-distance and long-distance bus services to Vũng Tàu. One can take bus at Miền Đông Bus Station, City centre and Phạm Ngũ Lão…
By Road from Ho Chi Minh City
- Ho Chi Minh City to Vũng Tàu via Biên Hòa: Take Hanoi Road (Xa lộ Hà Nội) and Route 1 (QL 1) towards Biên Hòa. After crossing Đồng Nai Bridge, turn right at the first major roundabout (Ngã ba Vũng Tàu). Follow Route 51 all the way to Vũng Tàu. It’s 125 km long, about 3 hours.
- Cát Lái Ferry shortcut: If you’re riding a motorbike, or want to have more cool breeze from the countryside forests in Đồng Nai, consider taking this route. Leave the City centre via the Saigon River Tunnel (or Phú Mỹ Bridge in further south of the City). Connect to Đồng Văn Cống Road, and Nguyễn Thị Định Road towards Cát Lái Ferry Terminal. Allow 10 mins for the ticketing, queueing and crossing the river. When your arrive on the Đồng Nai side, follow Provincial Route 769 (ĐT 769), Trần Văn Trà, Quách Thị Trang and Tôn Đức Thắng Roads before connecting to Route 51 (QL 51, AH17). Turn right at the corner.