Rach Gia is a charming harbour town in the province of Kien Giang in the Gulf of Siam. Tourists visit the city only rarely or just on their way to Phu Quoc, the speed boat between the holiday island and the mainland leaves daily from here (travel time approximately 2.5 hours). There are regular flights from the airport in Rach Gia to Saigon and Phu Quoc.
In Rach Gia modern town developers did their work and moved the market and the port to the outskirts of the city to build parks and wide boulevards. Further plans for the expansion of the city, even to the beach, are also in preparation.
In Rach Gia you can find a museum in a colonial house of the 1920s with artefacts of the archaeological site of Oc Eo. You can also visit a temple (Nguyen Trung Truc Temple), which has been built in honour of a resistance fighter of the 1860s, as well as the Phat Lon Pagoda (a Khmer pagoda) and the little Chinese Bac De pagoda. People who want to see more and have a lot of time, can visit the Tam Bao Pagoda, the Pho Minh Pagoda and the Con Dao Temple.
Want to ride a motorbike along the whole length of Rach Gia as an adventurous traveler, or take a short trip inside the city? Don’t wait anymore! Read this article carefully and get ready for your road trip. We will guide you through renting motorbikes in Rach Gia.
Tips for backpacker when rent motorbike in Rach Gia
- Be confident with traffic. Try to guess other’s turning direction by their body language.
- Drive slowly in order to look out for animals, children, old people, alcoholics, drugs, off-size vehicles.
- Keep a safe distance of big trucks when getting uphills or climbing mountain passes.
- When police stop you, the easiest way to escape is “TIP” them 10 – 20 USD and then go.
- Do not repair the bike without permission of a rental company. You need to contact them then be instructed.
- Wearing a helmet, driving on the right side and limited speed of 60 km/h
- Do not cross the red traffic light, using horns anytime you need, drive with two hands,
- Do not take photos when driving
- Turn the lights on when getting inside tunnels.
- Do not drink alcohol before and during the drive.
- Before and after the journey, you have to ensure that all parts of your motorbike are in normal operating conditions such as brakes, tires, chainsaws, lights, horns, turn signal and speedometer.
- Remember to fill up the petrol for the motorbike. You don’t need to worry about the type of gasoline to use because the petrol station staff will automatically fill the suitable one for the motorbike.
- Bring sunglasses, sunscreen, waterproof backpacks, coats, raincoats, locks, rubber bands, full battery, smartphone connect 3G, some motorbike repairing tools and most importantly is money.
- Obey the Vietnam traffic rules:
That’s all. Thanks for your read my article about motorbike rental in Rach Gia. Now you have some address in order to rent a “iron howrse” to experinces in Rach Gia. Have a good trip to you.
Rach Gia motorbike rental cost
According to the experience of people who have rented motorbikes in Rach Gia, the cost will be reduced when you select this type of vehicle.
When starting to rent a automatic scooter, you must ask the lessor to give you a free map. Rach Gia travel is very convenient. Riding a motorbike go to eat is never afraid of expensive, a lot of food you can choice. If street food expensive you can go to other places, not like taxi they carry you to the restaurant to get the commission so the price will be higher.
- Motorbike Not automatic: Honda RS, RSX, Yamaha, Jupiter, Sirious, Future ….
- VND 90,000 ≅ 4USD / day (24 hours)
- Automatic Motorbike: Nouvo, Atila,
- VND 100,000 ≅ 5USD/ day (24 hours)
- VND 120.000 Airblade Motorbike/day (24 hours)
- Duration: 1 day is 24 hours
- – Example: 7:00 today to 7:00 the next day is counted as 1 day.
- 15:00 today to 15:00 tomorrow is counted as 1 day,
Don’t get too worried about the motorbike rent since it is quite cheap in Rach Gia. For each rental bike, you just pay around $3-$9 per day, but the rental scooter may cost you $10 or more.
If you intend to hire this motorbike for a long time (over a week), make sure you have a good deal with the company. (especially in peak seasons insist on a daily rate for how many days you hire).
Read More: Motorbike rental Ha Tien.
Some places for Rach Gia Motorbike Rental
Depending on the rental business, duration of the rental and the type of bike you plan to rent, the procedures are different. For example, usually, if you are staying in a hotel and want to rent a motorbike from the hotel for under a week, the hotel usually will not need a deposit, instead they will hold your passport.
However, If you rent direct from a motorbike rental business, you will need to give either your ID/Passport or a deposit of money. Many rental shops will accept a valid identification or even a copy of the passport, with a smaller monetary deposit.
You must be careful checking your bike before rental. You should make sure that all the lights, indicators, horn and basic electrical functions are working before you leave. Also, you can even have the bike checked by a local mechanic to ensure that it’s in good condition for just a small fee if you are planning to rent longer term.
Finally, and most important – always wear a helmet when riding a motorbike in Rach Gia, not only is it the law but it will ensure your safety! Do not rent a bike with a business who provide you with a very low quality helmet, and if you are renting long term, invest in your own!
Below you will find a some of the most popular and recommended motorbike rental business in Rach Gia:
Motorbike Rental Kingtravel
Address: 26 Luong The Vinh Str. Rach Gia, Kien Giang.
Tel: 0986 35 2345 – 0918 79 26 26.
Motorbike Rental Rach Gia
Address: 55 Dong Ho, Ha Tien, Kien Giang.
Tel: 0772630000 – 0944440235
Duy motorbike rental
ADD: No 1 Kim Du, Ha Tien, Kien Giang.
See more this Article: Motorbike Rental On Phu Quoc Island.