Dien Bien Phu is located in Muong Thanh Valley which is approximately 20km long and 6km wide. this city is 35km from the Laos border and 474km to Hanoi. This was a battlefield between the Viet Minh Army and French Army in 1954. The result was the French in Indochina was cut and Viet Nam was divided into two parts: North and South. Nowadays, Dien Bien Phu became one of the tourist attraction sites for many local and international tourists.
Dien Bien is among the six mountainous provinces in Northwestern Vietnam. The district is next to Lai Chau and Son La provinces and has long borders with China to the North and Laos to West. Dien Bien City is located inside the heart-shaped Muong Thanh Valley, surrounded by numerous thick forests, high mountains, narrow valleys and springs.
Although it is not impossible to reach Dien Bien Province by motorbike, tourists are recommended to get there by coach or airplane because it is very far from Hanoi (478km) and also very hard to go due to its mountainous characteristic. For ones who like traveling by coach to enjoy scenery on the way, coach stations in Hanoi like Giap Bat, My Dinh, Gia Lam or Luong Yen offer you high quality coaches with beds at a price varies between 350,000 – 400,000 VND.
To explore all the alleys and streets of Dien Bien, a motorbike is the most ideal means. And this article, Motorbike Nguyen Tu will send you reputable addresses for renting a motorbike in Dien Bien as well as a few things to keep in mind when renting a motorbike in Dien Bien to give you a wonderful trip to explore Dien Bien. Great experience with unforgettable experiences.
Some places Dien Bien Phu Motorbike Rental
It is not difficult to rent a motorbike in Dien Bien Phu or any other Vietnam city. There are several variants:
small hotels and hotels.
You can hardly walk around any (especially central) street without noticing a dozen rental places where you’ll be gladly helped to hire a scooter.
If you are staying at a small hotel you’ll probably be told about such nearest places at the reception. They even can bring you a bike or something to the hotel as hotel owners often have contracts with the owners of motor transport.
If they don’t provide such a service, it’s enough to walk along the second and the third lines of Dien Bien Phu.
One more method of hiring motor transport in Dien Bien is getting in touch with the foreigners living there a long time and running some bike rental business. There are some places motorbike rental in Dien Bien Phu. But I recommend these fews stores as the quality of motorbikes are quite good and easy to find:
Motorbike rental Vuong Khanh
Address: Dien Bien Phu City, Dien Bien, Vietnam.
Mr Duc Motorbike rental
Address: Him Lam, Dien Bien Phu City, Dien Bien.
Phone: 0968734734 – 0869190190
Motorbike Mr Tuan
Address: 114 Group 4, Thanh Binh Ward, Dien Bien Phu City, Dien Bien.
List motorbike, scooter & motorcycle rentals in Dien Bien Phu
Honda motorcycles, dirt bikes, sports bike (recommended for long distance tours).
– CRF250L 250cc (year 2014-2017).
– CRF150L 150cc (year 2019).
– XR150L 150cc (year 2016-2017).
– Winner 150cc (year 2016-2017)
– CGL125 125cc (year 2014).
Honda moped scooters (recommended for cities or short rides).
– Winner 150cc (year 2016-2017)
– Wave Alpha 110cc (year 2017).
– Blade 110cc (year 2015-2017)
– Wave 110RS, Wave 110S, Wave RSX110 110cc (year 2013-2015).
Honda fully automatic scooters (recommended for cities).
– Lead 125cc (year 2014-2015)
– Air Blade 125cc (year 2014-2015)
– Vision 110cc (year 2013-2018).
50cc SYM motorbikes & scooters (if you don’t have any license)
– SYM Elite (year 2018)
– SYM Elegant (year 2017).
Safety Inspection and Checks
When renting a motorbike in Dien Bien you agree to keep it in good condition. Here are things you should check for:
1) Inspect the bike for existing damage and take photo’s on your phone.
2) Sit on the bike and bounce up and down – make sure the suspension is working.
3) See if the mirrors adjust and you can see behind you. Vietnamese drivers hardly ever use their mirrors – but you do!
4) Ride the bike and check for size comfort (your knees should not be forced to stick out)
5) Ride the bike and test the brakes (some bikes have rear and front, some combined – know what you have)
6) Check the acceleration – sometimes you will need to get out of the way of some idiot quickly
7) Opt for bikes with thicker tires – thin tires and gravel will be your No one reason for an accident
8) Helmet – Get as good as you can and wear it. Seriously wear it – I know some people don’t but think of your mother!
MotorBike theft in Dien Bien Phu
Bikes in Dien Bien Phu steal, but it happens quite rarely. Since almost all rental points are under lash from the local police, of course unofficially. Therefore, thieves try not to get involved in rented vehicles. But this does not mean that you can safely leave your motorbike on a deserted street with ignition keys in the lock and leave and your scooter will not be hijacked.
But in order to avoid theft of your bike, follow a number of rules:
- To avoid unnecessary attention, you should not rent or buy a new motorbike. Choose a simpler model, take a closer look at what most drivers drive, so you will also avoid undue attention of the traffic police, which you will not be interested in.
- Do not leave the bike for the night outside. Drive it into the courtyard of a house or hotel. Most often, such parking is guarded and closed at night. In hotels, if there is no parking, bikes are allowed to drive to the reception at night.
- Pay attention to the parking near attractions and various shopping centers. Such parking can be both free and paid, but the amount there is purely symbolic from 10 to 15 thousand dong a day. But you will be completely sure that your bike is under reliable protection.
I hope you liked the article! Have a good rest.