Best place motorbike Rental in Son La
Son La is located in Northwestern Vietnam with its topography fully describe geographical traits of this area of Vietnam with many mountains, hills, rivers and mineral sources, surrounded by primitive forests. Son La border quite many provinces such as Lao Cai and Yen Bai to the North; Phu Tho and Hoa Binh to the East; Dien Bien to the West; and Thanh Hoa and Laos to the South.
Son La City also possesses the “Que Lam Ngu Che” Epitaph erected since 1440 written by King Le Thai Tong. Nearby the epitaph is a temple built for worship of the respected king and the natural wonder “Tham Bao Ke” Cave. Attending tours to Son La, visitors may have unforgettable experiences by visiting cultural ethnic minorities’ communes. Ones are given opportunities to rest in special inns there, which are stilts houses exclusively available in ethnic minorities’ villages. The locals there are very hospitable who are pleased to treat you their specialties like “Ruou Can” (wine with straws); “Mang Lay” (special bamboo sprout); “Com Lam” or roasted fishes.
Son La is 320km to the Northwest of Hanoi, along National Highway No. 6, through Dien Bien so tourist may visit this historic city on the way as well. Coaches are available to you in stations in Hanoi with a fare of about 100,000 VND. For romantic travelers, going on boats from Hoa Binh Lake to Son La is a good suggestion.
There are not many motorbike rental shops in Son La, so you want to find the most diverse rental motorcycle available only in Moc Chau. The price of renting a motorbike in Son La usually ranges from 5$- 7$ / day depending on the different types of cars, new models will be more expensive.
Some places Son La Motorbike Rental
It is not difficult to rent a motorbike in Son La or any other Vietnam city. There are several variants: Read Article >>> Motorbike rental in Hoa Binh.
small hotels and hotels.
You can hardly walk around any (especially central) street without noticing a dozen rental places where you’ll be gladly helped to hire a scooter.
If you are staying at a small hotel you’ll probably be told about such nearest places at the reception. They even can bring you a bike or something to the hotel as hotel owners often have contracts with the owners of motor transport.
If they don’t provide such a service, it’s enough to walk along the second and the third lines of Son La.
One more method of hiring motor transport in Son La is getting in touch with the foreigners living there a long time and running some bike rental business. We’d advise you to turn to our good acquaintances – guys from the Moto Vietnam and they not only will help you to choose a good and suitable bike but will also give you some recommendations and several bike riding lessons.
There are some places motorbike rental in Son La. But I recommend these fews stores as the quality of motorbikes are quite good and easy to find:
Motorbike rental Dung Nga
Address: Bac Yen, Son La.
Phone: 098877338 – 0914900138
Ms Nhung Motorbike rental
Address: Moc Chau, Son La, Vietnam.
Motorbike Form hotel Phuong Vy
Address: Moc Chau Town, Son La (Opposite Cong Doan Hotel).
Phone: 02123869813 – 0975304595 – 0984607327.
See more: Motorbike rental in Sapa.
Safety Inspection and Checks
When renting a motorbike in Son La you agree to keep it in good condition. Here are things you should check for:
1) Inspect the bike for existing damage and take photo’s on your phone.
2) Sit on the bike and bounce up and down – make sure the suspension is working.
3) See if the mirrors adjust and you can see behind you. Vietnamese drivers hardly ever use their mirrors – but you do!
4) Ride the bike and check for size comfort (your knees should not be forced to stick out)
5) Ride the bike and test the brakes (some bikes have rear and front, some combined – know what you have)
6) Check the acceleration – sometimes you will need to get out of the way of some idiot quickly
7) Opt for bikes with thicker tires – thin tires and gravel will be your No one reason for an accident
8) Helmet – Get as good as you can and wear it. Seriously wear it – I know some people don’t but think of your mother!
List motorbike, scooter & motorcycle rentals in Son La
Honda motorcycles, dirt bikes, sports bike (recommended for long distance tours).
– CRF250L 250cc (year 2014-2017).
– CRF150L 150cc (year 2019).
– XR150L 150cc (year 2016-2017).
– Winner 150cc (year 2016-2017)
– CGL125 125cc (year 2014).
Honda moped scooters (recommended for cities or short rides).
– Winner 150cc (year 2016-2017)
– Wave Alpha 110cc (year 2017).
– Blade 110cc (year 2015-2017)
– Wave 110RS, Wave 110S, Wave RSX110 110cc (year 2013-2015).
Honda fully automatic scooters (recommended for cities).
– Lead 125cc (year 2014-2015)
– Air Blade 125cc (year 2014-2015)
– Vision 110cc (year 2013-2018).
50cc SYM motorbikes & scooters (if you don’t have any license)
– SYM Elite (year 2018)
– SYM Elegant (year 2017).
MotorBike theft in Son La
Bikes in Son La steal, but it happens quite rarely. Since almost all rental points are under lash from the local police, of course unofficially. Therefore, thieves try not to get involved in rented vehicles. But this does not mean that you can safely leave your motorbike on a deserted street with ignition keys in the lock and leave and your scooter will not be hijacked.
But in order to avoid theft of your bike, follow a number of rules:
- To avoid unnecessary attention, you should not rent or buy a new motorbike. Choose a simpler model, take a closer look at what most drivers drive, so you will also avoid undue attention of the traffic police, which you will not be interested in.
- Do not leave the bike for the night outside. Drive it into the courtyard of a house or hotel. Most often, such parking is guarded and closed at night. In hotels, if there is no parking, bikes are allowed to drive to the reception at night.
- Pay attention to the parking near attractions and various shopping centers. Such parking can be both free and paid, but the amount there is purely symbolic from 10 to 15 thousand dong a day. But you will be completely sure that your bike is under reliable protection.
Discover Dien Bien Phu motorbike rental.
I hope you liked the article! Have a good rest.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.