The traffic in Nha Trang is not as busy as in Da Nang City or Hue but riding here is still a challenge. It is even more challenging when it is wet, windy or when the roads are extra busy during national holidays. This is a short guide on how to go about renting a motorbike in Nha Trang. Keep in mind that things change with time, places or prices listed here were true at the time of writing.
How Much Motorbike Rental Nha Trang?
Motorbikes are the mode of transport of choice in Nha Trang. Used for everything from transporting entire families to carrying pigs, furniture, and bicycles! It’s no surprise that you can rent one just about anywhere. We really do mean anywhere: homestays, hotels, street sites, travel agencies, and specialised stores… you name it!
The company will usually charge per 24 hours. When you rent for a day. the price you pay will vary depending on where you are, whether the bike is older or new, and an automatic or a manual one. In some places, you may have a discount for a weekly rental, most will for a monthly hire term.
Don’t get too worried about the motorbike rent since it is quite cheap in Vietnam. For each rental bike, you just pay around $3-$9 per day, but the rental scooter may cost you $10 or more.
If you intend to hire this motorbike for a long time (over a week), make sure you have a good deal with the company. (especially in peak seasons insist on a daily rate for how many days you hire)
Some tips to rent a motorbike Nha Trang
Not all foreigners can take it easy in renting a motorbike , even though they are in front of a genuine rental motorbike shop In Nha Trang. That’s the reason why they need some advice on this matter of concern. Let’s see below:
- The most crucial thing which should come to your mind before you decide whether a motorbike is rented or not is to check it totally. If necessary, double check turn signals, lock, horn, brakes, wing mirrors, lights, and even take a short test drive around the allowed area of the shop. Especially, be careful about the bike’s front brakes since traffic in large cities is heavy, or roads are slopping.
- Once you must stop at the parking lot, please keep your parking ticket careful as losing it is a big problem in completing procedures to get the bike out. For instance, you must dial the renter’s phone number and ask about the vehicle registration certificate, which annoys you so much.
- Check the helmet you get from the rental agency. Keep in mind that it must work well, or you should require a new one. If the renter doesn’t accept, just walk away.
- Obviously, the newer the rental bike is, the safer it is. Also, its price will be depending on the state and brand of each vehicle. Hence, a new scooter with the good engine may cost you over $10 per day.
- Don’t forget to save the rental agency where you use the service in case the bike breaks down en route.
- Before commencing your handlebar trip, ask some detailed information about the nearby gas stations and also the ones along your way.
Some places for Nha Trang Motorbike Rental
It is not difficult to rent a motorbike in Nha Trang. There are several variants:
- Guide motorbike rental from Vung Tau
- How to rent a motorbike in Mui Ne
- A Beginner’s Guide To Renting A Motorbike In DaLat
- Tips For buying motorbike in Nha Trang
- Beginners Guide bicycles rental Nha Trang
small hotels and hotels.
You can hardly walk around any (especially central) street without noticing a dozen rental places where you’ll be gladly helped to hire a scooter.
If you are staying at a small hotel you’ll probably be told about such nearest places at the reception. They even can bring you a bike or something to the hotel as hotel owners often have contracts with the owners of motor transport.
If they don’t provide such a service, it’s enough to walk along the second and the third lines of Nha Trang.
There are some places motorbike rental in Nha Trang But I recommend these fews stores as the quality of motorbikes are quite good and easy to find:
1.Hai Phong Tourism Company Scooter rental
Address: 54 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai, Nha Trang.
Phone: (0583) 500 828 – 0969 550 460
2. VietDream Company motorbike rental Nha Trang
Address: 3B Hung Vuong (Quan Tran), Nha Trang
Phone: 0935 605 963 – 0909 09 44 78 – (0583) 605 963
3. Le Oanh Motorbike rental.
Phone: 0905 153 800
Rental price: motorbike from 80,000 VND – 120.000 VND /one/ day, scooter from 100,000 VND – 150,000 VND / one/ day.
Motorbike Driving Licenses in Vietnam
Of course, for those who love travelling by handlebar, helping them get full experience of the Vietnamese’s real lifestyle, Motorbike Driving License is what they deeply care. Unfortunately, although the Vietnamese government discussed whether international driving license should be accepted or not in 2015, there has been no final confirmation given out until now.
In Vietnamese laws, to control a motorbike with the capacity of over 50cc legally requires its rider a Vietnamese driving license; the license A1 is applied for the capacity of under 175cc, and A2 is for over 175cc. Nonetheless, don’t find it too tough!
When you wish to hire a motorbike, there are no too many procedures to carry out. First, there is no need for you to show a Vietnamese motorbike driving license at the rental agency; they don’t require. Second, the police will not stop you for the license check unless you break any road rules.
If you’re eager to explore the city motorbike, go for it! Just don’t ignore your common sense because the road rules are more lenient – safety should always be a top priority. You don’t want to cut your trip short because you need to fly home for proper medical care.
Join Motorcycle And Bicycle Tours
Bicycles and motorbikes are available for tourists to rent from shops and hotels in the tourist centre of the city. In case you do not care much about the heat, then cover sights in the city, such as Long Son (Long Sơn) pagoda, markets, Ponagar Cham Towers by riding bicycle.
For those who want to hire a motorbike, then day trips to Ba Ho (Ba Hồ) Waterfalls, the mud baths, Doc Let Dốc Lết Beach, Bai Dai (Bãi Dài) Beach are interesting ideas. Actually, driving in Nha Trang might be less intense than in other busy cities of Vietnam, like Ho Chi Minh (Hồ Chí Minh) City and Ha Noi (Hà Nội), and the pace here is rather slow. Nonetheless, Nha Trang should not be your first try when it comes to driving a motorbike.
If you want to rent, then the motorbikes will cost about 80,000 VND each day, while the automatic scooters will cost about over 100,000 VND each day. Now, helmets are required by Vietnamese law. While motorcycling, you should be careful of roundabouts and watch out for trucks and buses – remember the bigger the vehicle is, the less the person driving it will danger both their lives and others’.
A variety of motorcycle tour enterprises are available in Nha Trang and “Easy Rider” is a great option.
If you want to enjoy the great, peaceful countryside of north central coastal region of Vietnam, then riding a bike is the best way to do. There are some organized tours which will take you through rural areas while also guiding you to visit some historic sites. You can combine riding bicycle with rafting down the Cai River (Sông Cái). Normally, tours include light lunches.