Mu Cang Chai is a mountainous district of Yen Bai province and appreciated for its remote location. It is well-liked by both foreign and domestic tourists. Even though Mu Cang Chai sees more tourist activity today, the region is still able to retain its traditional way of living and outstanding natural landscape. Beyond the stunning landscapes, any traveller to this region on the Vietnam travel packages will get to learn more about the daily life of the local people and their unique cultural features.
Mu Cang Chai in the Yen Bai province is approx 280 km from the capital city Hanoi. This mountainous district is particularly popular in the times of the harvest season and sees many thousands of travellers visiting this region on the Vietnam tours package for a relaxing break from the hustle and bustle of the city life.
Hire a car and driver or motorcycle and travel directly from Hanoi to Mu Cang Chai
Book a ticket on the bus from Hanoi to Lai Chau which passes through Mu Cang Chai. To get a better appreciation of the local landscape, travellers can also hire a motorcycle to visit the local towns and neighbouring villages.
Also, there aren’t many buses that take a direct route to Mu Cang Chai, so an alternative option is to travel to Yen Bai City, and then hire a motorcycle to complete the rest of the journey.
Normally, renting a motorbike in Yen Bai is not easy due to the fact that the tourists often bring a car from Hanoi, but in recent years to meet the needs of tourists places rent motorbikes in Yen Bai gradually formed with a full range of vehicles to serve tourists.
Some places Yen Bai Motorbike Rental
It is not difficult to rent a motorbike in Yen Bai or any other Vietnam city. There are several variants:
small hotels and hotels.
You can hardly walk around any (especially central) street without noticing a dozen rental places where you’ll be gladly helped to hire a scooter.
If you are staying at a small hotel you’ll probably be told about such nearest places at the reception. They even can bring you a bike or something to the hotel as hotel owners often have contracts with the owners of motor transport.
One more method of hiring motor transport in Yen Bai is getting in touch with the foreigners living there a long time and running some bike rental business. We’d advise you to turn to our good acquaintances – guys from the Moto Vietnam and they not only will help you to choose a good and suitable bike but will also give you some recommendations and several bike riding lessons.
There are some places motorbike rental in Yen Bai. But I recommend these fews stores as the quality of motorbikes are quite good and easy to find:
Motorbike rental Thuy Tuan
Address: Nghia Lo, Yen Bai, Vietnam.
Motorbike and scooter rental
ADD: Alley 68, Nguyen Thai Hoc, Yen Bai City, Yen Bai
Motorcycle ZONITRIP Bui Minh Nghia
Address: 246 Le Hong Phong, Yen Bai City, Yen Bai.
See this article: Motorbike rental in Mai Chau.
How much? – Motorbike Rental In Yen Bai
The company will usually charge per 24 hours. When you rent for a day. the price you pay will vary depending on where you are, whether the bike is older or new, and an automatic or a manual one. In some places, you may have a discount for a weekly rental, most will for a monthly hire term.
If you intend to hire this motorbike for a long time (over a week), make sure you have a good deal with the company. (especially in peak seasons insist on a daily rate for how many days you hire).
Budget is about 120.000 to 200.000 VND per day or 800.000 to 1.200.000 VND for monthly rental. It depends on your motorbike preference.
Note that motorbikes rental prices in popular tourist destinations in Mu Cang Chai, Yen Bai are higher compared to less touristy areas. If you plan to rent a scooter in Yen Bai, I recommend getting a bigger Motorbikes than 50cc.
I recommend renting a scooter from a scooter rental that looks trustworthy. Renting a scooter from your hotel is a good option although it will cost you more. But as we’re talking about a few dollars difference, it is a less risky option than to rent from a business that looks suspicious.
MotorBike theft in Yen Bai
Bikes in Yen Bai steal, but it happens quite rarely. Since almost all rental points are under lash from the local police, of course unofficially. Therefore, thieves try not to get involved in rented vehicles. But this does not mean that you can safely leave your motorbike on a deserted street with ignition keys in the lock and leave and your scooter will not be hijacked.
But in order to avoid theft of your bike, follow a number of rules:
- To avoid unnecessary attention, you should not rent or buy a new motorbike. Choose a simpler model, take a closer look at what most drivers drive, so you will also avoid undue attention of the traffic police, which you will not be interested in.
- Do not leave the bike for the night outside. Drive it into the courtyard of a house or hotel. Most often, such parking is guarded and closed at night. In hotels, if there is no parking, bikes are allowed to drive to the reception at night.
- Pay attention to the parking near attractions and various shopping centers. Such parking can be both free and paid, but the amount there is purely symbolic from 10 to 15 thousand dong a day. But you will be completely sure that your bike is under reliable protection.
Popular models of motorbikes
- Yamaha Nouvo is a very popular model, both in Yen Bai and in all of Vietnam. Quite a roomy bike that will suit both men and women. Perfect for trips around the city and for short distances. In addition, this device is quite economical fuel consumption, which is good news. And due to its popularity, you can easily get any spare parts for it.
- SYM Atilla – this model is suitable for the movement of the whole family. It can easily fit two adults and a child. And due to its power, it will be brisk to go even with a large load. But if you are planning a trip, I would not take this bike, because at the expense of small wheels, it is not well adapted to rough roads.
- Honda Airblade is a very comfortable and reliable bike. An engine capacity of 125 cm3 allows you to travel long distances with the wind. The main advantage of this model is its handling. Suitable for those who already have experience driving two-wheeled vehicles.
- SYM Shark is a large and powerful bike with an engine capacity of 125 cm3. Suitable for tall people, or to travel with the whole family. I can safely ride it two adults and two children. You can comfortably move around the city as well as over long distances.
- Honda Wave – this model is suitable mainly for fragile girls or men of short stature. It has a small size and will accommodate no more than two people. The Semi-Automatic is convenient for getting around the city.
Read More: Motorbike rental in Lang Son.