Well-known for its beautiful scenery, fresh air, friendly people and terraced fields, Sapa has become the favorite destination for many backpackers across the country. If it is inconvenient for you to go to Sapa by motorbikes because of distance, motorbike rental is a right thing to do. However, there are quite a lot of people having difficulty looking for places to rent a motorbike. Some experience of renting a motorbike in Sapa below may be useful to you.
How Much? Motorbike Rental Sapa cost
The company will usually charge per 24 hours. When you rent for a day. the price you pay will vary depending on where you are, whether the bike is older or new, and an automatic or a manual one. In some places, you may have a discount for a weekly rental, most will for a monthly hire term.
If you intend to hire this motorbike for a long time (over a week), make sure you have a good deal with the company. (especially in peak seasons insist on a daily rate for how many days you hire).
See more: Dien Bien Phu Motorbike rental.
Budget is about 120.000 to 200.000 VND per day or 800.000 to 1.200.000 VND for monthly rental. It depends on your motorbike preference.
Note that motorbikes rental prices in popular tourist destinations in Sapa are higher compared to less touristy areas. If you plan to rent a scooter in Sapa, I recommend getting a bigger Motorbikes than 50cc.
I recommend renting a scooter from a scooter rental that looks trustworthy. Renting a scooter from your hotel is a good option although it will cost you more. But as we’re talking about a few dollars difference, it is a less risky option than to rent from a business that looks suspicious.
What Are Sapa Motorbikes Rental Requirements?
It you want to rent a motorbike in Sapa, some rental companies ask for your passport while others don’t. We’ve noticed that shops located along the main touristy roads seem adamant about handing over your passport. It seems as though the smaller businesses on the less traveled side streets are more accepting to a passport photocopy or a cash deposit instead. To rent a motorbike in Sapa,you need two things:
For motorbike rental, there are different procedures depending on the rental shop and the length of the rental. If you stay in a hotel and rent a motorbike from the hotel for a few days, the hotel will not require a deposit. If you rent directly from a rental shop.
See this article: Cheap motorbike rental Son la.
You need to give your passport to the owner until you return the motorbike or deposit an amount of money (from 1.5 million VND to 3 million VND). Leaving a passport with a shop while you travel the whole country is not ideal, so an alternative can be suggested. Often rental shops will accept a different form of valid identification or even a copy of the passport.
In some cases, an additional requirement could be the number of your hotel room if you’re renting a scooter from the hotel.
Or sometimes a rental company could ask for the hotel that you are staying in.
Regarding payments, you almost always pay in cash and upfront. Most motorcycle companies don’t ask to see proof of a driver’s license. You can drive away from their shop without toppling over or crashing into something or someone.
Some places for Sapa Motorbike Rental
It is not difficult to rent a motorbike in Sapa . There are several variants:
small hotels and hotels.
You can hardly walk around any (especially central) street without noticing a dozen rental places where you’ll be gladly helped to hire a scooter. But I recommend these fews stores as the quality of motorbikes are quite good and easy to find:
• Ms. Ly: Motorbikes available for rental to SaPa, Y Ty, Bac Ha, Lai Chau … Motorbikes are delivered in Lao Cai, but you will have to pay another fee equal to the bus fare from Lao Cai to Sapa. Contact: 0915 190874.
• Lao Cai Tourism Information Center – No. 02 Fansipan, Sapa District, Lao Cai province. Tel: 020 3871975. Contact: 043 994 2811 or +84 935 999 886.
• Mr. Tuan: Tel: 0983 644588.
• Mr. Trang: Tel: 0935 999886.
Hoang Ha Hotel for rental (Sapa): Address: No. 08B, Thac Bac Street, Sapa Town, Sapa District, Lao Cai Province. Tel: 0203 872 535; Hotline: 0918 324 535; Fax: 0203 873 466.
• Thanh Dat Hotel – Address: Thach Sơn Street – Ham Rong Street – Sapa Town: Tel: 01234346668. Call: 0973865292.
• Mr. Nghia – Contact: 0973865292. Or rent motorbikes at address: 21 Thach Son. Sapa District, Lao Cai province. Tel: 0983 644588.
More information follow this article: Shop motorbike rental Hoa Binh.
Renting a motorbike in sapa checklist
Sometimes it is better to pay a bit more for your bike so you feel safe and secure when driving, and you don’t spend half your journey fixing your motorbike. Feeling comfortable and safe on your bike is important, especially with the insanity of the traffic in Sapa:
- Check the profile on the tires, roads can be slippery.
- Are your head and back light working?
- Are the direction lights and break light working?
- Is your fuel meter working? You kinda want to know when you need to gas up again!
- Ask how often oil has been changed.
- Maybe most important: is your horn working?
- Are both breaks working properly, are they not too loose or too tight?
- Put the motorbike on a high standard to check if your back wheel does not move left and right.
- Do a test ride to see if you can get the motorbike in neutral (located between your 1 and 2 shift).
- See if the motorbike starts without its kickstart.
- Check to see if there are no oil stains on your engine, there should not be any oil leaking.
- Take a seat on your motorbike to see how the springs are, it should bounce back immediately (not yoyo).
- Check to see if the kickstart works, make sure to put your bike in neutral for this.
- Test all gears, which might mean you have to find a piece of road where you can get up to 70km/h, shifting gears should be easy. In its 4th gear a Honda Win should get up to 75km/h.
- Ride in all gears to make sure that the gears do not shift back to neutral (this would indicate a damaged gearbox).
- Check the chain and cogwheel of the bike for any damages.
TIPS FOR RIDING A MOTORBIKE IN SAPA
Yes? You are still pursuing this adventure? You are going to ride a motorbike in Sapa? Perfect, stay with me a bit longer to read some more tips! So now that you have a motorbike it is time to hit the road and not look back. Before you leave to Sapa don’t forget to check out these tips with things to know before you go to Vietnam! Here are a couple of things you should consider taking with you:
- A helmet, obviously.
- A raincoat or poncho, yes it can rain in Vietnam.
- Suncream for when the sun in shining.
- A jacket if you are riding in winter months or going higher up into the hills.
- A lock for locking up your bike at night (or in sketchy places).
- Multi tool to change the oil yourself or secure that mirror back on.
- Bungee cords and a rain cover to secure and protect your backpack.
- A sim card with internet data and a battery pack.
- Enough water to last you for a day.
You now have all information on riding a motorbike in Sapa. Yes, it might be a bit risky concerning safety and costs, but there still is a reason why such a large part of backpackers decide to get a motorbike. Good Luck!
What Should You Pack for Trekking in Sapa?
Sapa in every season has a different beauty. Depending on the season, you choose to go. Cost about: 80US$ – 125US$ depending on the number of people in your group and the service you want From Hanoi to Sapa!
- Money: Depending on how you go and how you live. I have a plan for you at the end of the lesson.
- Clothes: You should bring lightweight clothes but must be warm. Summer in Sapa is cold, you can wear normally but still, need a jacket. But the winter in Sapa is freezing; you need a warm coat, gloves, a scarf, and a wool hat to empty the high cold. Do not bring too much it will be bulky (Usually people only in Sapa 2-3 days, some people in Sapa to 2-3 weeks or the whole month to return, because here is fresh and the landscape is gorgeous – it is not like at Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh).
Yourself a pair of climbing shoes, walking shoes, or sports shoes.
- Camera: your camera phone takes good photos: I promise you will like to take a lot of pictures so remember to bring batteries and chargers.
- Identity papers: You need an ID or Passport to complete the room renting procedure and don’t forget to bring your driver’s license if you want to ride a motorbike.
- Map: If you are staying at a hostel or hotel in Sapa, you can also ask for a plan at the reception, or use the map on your phone.
- Personal belongings
NOTICE IN THE SAPA
- Avoid going on holidays: if you go at a time when Sapa is crowded with tourists, it is tough to rent a room and sometimes rooms 150,000 – 200,000 VND / per night can increase to 500.000- 600,000 VND / per night. (Days like April 30 – May 1, September 2, New Year’s calendar).
- Everything needs to be negotiated thoroughly before using any service.
- Do not give money to children and people in the village, only for children candy.
- Do not buy ginseng, mushrooms, and Ganoderma here because most of them are from China. If you want to buy souvenirs, you can find lots of goods in town.
- In Sapa, there are many shops selling mountain climbing shoes. Northface clothes are reasonably priced. I am familiar with The Northface Hero; Mr. Hung has just made a tour guide like me distributing The Northface. There are all kinds of items (tents, carpets, sleeping bags, etc.) for Fansipan climbing trips
- Motorbike ride: you note that the right lane is the one from Lao Cai to Sapa, here the traffic police catch the wrong path.
Guest House and Hotel in Sapa
This problem is not very important for young people. Because we go out all day and go to the room at night. So I classify motels + hotels according to prices so that you can easily choose!
- Medium and cheap:
There are two areas with many hostels and cheap hotels in Sapa: Xuan Vien and Fansipan streets, with an average price of 250.000vnd – 300.000vnd / per night for two people room. Tet holiday season can range more expenses per night depending on the hotel.
- Courtesy, luxury: 500,000vnd-1000.000vnd (23US$ – 43US$)
I love those hotels because of clean, professional, and beautiful views also. (Photos I will post in Album!)
- Chau Long Hotel Sapa (Cost: 43US$ – 65US$), Adress: 024 phố Đồng Lợi
- Bamboo Sapa Hotel (Cost: 29US$ – 86US$), Adress: 018 Mường Hoa, Sapa
- Muong Thanh Sapa Hotel: (Cost: 26US$ – 56US$), Adress: 044 Ngu Chi Son
- Cong Doan Sapa Hotel: (Cost: 26US$ – 65US$), Adress: Phố Hàm Rồng
- Sao Phuong Bac Hotel Sapa: (Cost: 26US$ – 65US$), Adress: 05 Ngũ Chỉ Sơn, lake view and lean.
- Auberge Dang Trung Hotel Sa Pa (Cost: 19US$ – 30US$), Adress: 031 phố Mường Hoa.
- Royal View Sapa Hotel, Adress: 034 Phố Cầu Mây
- Holiday Hotel Sapa, Adress: 016 Mường Hoa.
- Luxury Hotel Sapa, Adress: 036 Fansipan
Tags: Motorbike rental Sapa