Renting Motorbikes in Dalat is no different than in any other city, only hear they will drive more carelessly and not obey the traffic rules 100% of the time which makes it even more dangerous than driving one in a western country. Motorcycles in the Vietnam are a great load of fun and something you will truly enjoy if you ever have the chance… the whole city of Dalat is a motocross track waiting to happen. With bad traffic you can dodge and weave out of, to driving up on the sidewalks to avoid complete blockages; it’s a whole lot of fun and often times a complete madhouse.
Dalat motorbike rental price
According to the experience of people who have rented motorbikes in Dalat, the cost will be reduced when you select this type of vehicle.
When starting to rent a motorcycle, you must ask the lessor to give you a free map. Dalat travel is very convenient. Riding a motorbike go to eat is never afraid of expensive, a lot of food you can choice. If street food expensive you can go to other places, not like taxi they carry you to the restaurant to get the commission so the price will be higher.
- Motorbike Not automatic: Honda RS, RSX, Yamaha, Jupiter, Sirious, Future ….
- VND 90,000 ≅ 4USD / day (24 hours)
- Automatic Motorbike: Nouvo, Atila,
- VND 100,000 ≅ 5USD/ day (24 hours)
- VND 120.000 Airblade Motorbike/day (24 hours)
- Duration: 1 day is 24 hours
- – Example: 7:00 today to 7:00 the next day is counted as 1 day
- 15:00 today to 15:00 tomorrow is counted as 1 day
Don’t get too worried about the motorbike rent since it is quite cheap in Dalat, Vietnam. For each rental bike, you just pay around $3-$9 per day, but the rental scooter may cost you $10 or more.
If you intend to hire this motorbike for a long time (over a week), make sure you have a good deal with the company. (especially in peak seasons insist on a daily rate for how many days you hire)
Some places for Dalat Motorbike Rental
It is not difficult to rent a motorbike in Dalat There are several variants:
small hotels and hotels.
You can hardly walk around any (especially central) street without noticing a dozen rental places where you’ll be gladly helped to hire a scooter.
If you are staying at a small hotel you’ll probably be told about such nearest places at the reception. They even can bring you a bike or something to the hotel as hotel owners often have contracts with the owners of motor transport.
If they don’t provide such a service, it’s enough to walk along the second and the third lines of Nha Trang.
There are some places motorbike rental in Dalat. But I recommend these fews stores as the quality of motorbikes are quite good and easy to find: Read more: Motorbike rental in Lam Dong.
Motorbike rental Mr Phuc
Add: 19/28 Nam Ky Khoi Nghia st, Ward 01, DaLat City
Mobile, Whatsapp or Zalo: +84 888 287 288
Motorbikes and Scooter rental Dalat
Address: Zone 7 & 8, Tuyen Lam Lake Tourism Area, Ward 3, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province.
Tel: (84-263) 524 333.
Some tips to rent a motorbike Dalat
Not all foreigners can take it easy in renting a motorbike , even though they are in front of a genuine rental motorbike shop In Dalat. That’s the reason why they need some advice on this matter of concern. Let’s see below:
- The most crucial thing which should come to your mind before you decide whether a motorbike is rented or not is to check it totally. If necessary, double check turn signals, lock, horn, brakes, wing mirrors, lights, and even take a short test drive around the allowed area of the shop. Especially, be careful about the bike’s front brakes since traffic in large cities is heavy, or roads are slopping.
- Once you must stop at the parking lot, please keep your parking ticket careful as losing it is a big problem in completing procedures to get the bike out. For instance, you must dial the renter’s phone number and ask about the vehicle registration certificate, which annoys you so much.
- Check the helmet you get from the rental agency. Keep in mind that it must work well, or you should require a new one. If the renter doesn’t accept, just walk away.
- Obviously, the newer the rental bike is, the safer it is. Also, its price will be depending on the state and brand of each vehicle. Hence, a new scooter with the good engine may cost you over $10 per day.
- Don’t forget to save the rental agency where you use the service in case the bike breaks down en route.
- Before commencing your handlebar trip, ask some detailed information about the nearby gas stations and also the ones along your way.
Safety Inspection and Checks
Before you set off, make sure you give a thorough check of the motorbike. The company will usually go over the bike and make a list of any dents, scratches and damage it might already have which you will be asked to witness. Pay attention when this is done as the contracts you are about to sign says that you hired the bike in prime condition. If it comes back with any additional marks you will be charged for this and be careful some companies motorbike rental Dalat make alot of extra income this way.
Here are things you should check for.
1) Inspect the bike for existing damage and take photo’s on your phone
2) Sit on the bike and bounce up and down – make sure the suspension is working
3) See if the mirrors adjust and you can see behind you. Thai drivers hardly ever use their mirrors – but you do!
4) Ride the bike and check for size comfort (your knees should not be forced to stick out)
5) Ride the bike and test the brakes (some bikes have rear and front, some combined – know what you have)
6) Check the acceleration – sometimes you will need to get out of the way of some idiot quickly
7) Opt for bikes with thicker tires – thin tires and gravel will be your No one reason for an accident.
The best time to visit Dalat Vietnam
Only 300 kilometers from Saigon, Da Lat is a wonderful hilltop destination that is unlike its surrounding areas. With the cool weather from the high mountains, vast pine hills around the city, and the colors of flowers all year round, it has truly earned its nickname: “City of a thousand flowers”.
The young people in Saigon visit Da Lat on the weekend to enjoy their day off. Not only are there many beautiful landscapes such as waterfalls, lakes, and mountains, but there are also ancient and western buildings worth a visit such as the train station, college, and church.
Da Lat has a unique geography and climate compared to other parts of Vietnam, which makes it a popular destination to both escape dense cities and humid heat. This city and surrounding area fall into two geographic features: mountainous terrain and lowlands. You will notice the mountainous terrain around the central highlands of the city. The center of Da Lat looks like an oval basin with many soft, rolling hills that make it such an attractive destination. And the city is also protected by the high mountains of 1,700 meters that form a windshield of sorts.
Situated at 1,500 meters high and surrounded by mountains and forest flora including a magnificent pine forest, Da Lat has a temperate mountainous climate all year round. The city stays at a faily mild temperature, even in the summer. It never gets hotter than 25 degrees Celsius or less than 10 degrees Celsius in the winter.
In summer months from May to August, the temperature rises slightly, but it’s still comfortable and warm enough to enjoy your vacation in Dalat.
Tags: Motorbike rental dalat